Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fly predators.....

I received my fly predators in the mail last week and finally after four or five days some have emerged. I guess its a good thing they waited since after weeks of eighty degree weather it snowed here Saturday! I am really hoping these will work well. We are lucky we do not have a horrible problem with mosquitoes here,and the horse flies and deer flies are not to bad. If I could get rid of a lot of the flies I would be happy. No other large animals to close to us and no chickens to eat them, although I am thinking all the bird feeders/houses may have been a bad idea now.



Even though I know people have used them for years I still have this large fear they are going to take over and be the superpest here now.

I have a little paranoia at times!

I saw all the pics of them on pennies in the adds but did not really get how tiny they were till I had to put my glasses on to really see them. So I guess the good thing is even if they swarmed and attacked it would take hundreds to notice!




Maybe they are kinda visible there. My camera did not want to cooperate.

Tomorrow should be warm enough to release them and hopefully not worry about the cold killing them again.









And just cuz I have some, cute Blitz pics from tonight








Blitz was a good boy and actually ran straight to chaz,not to chaz the way of chasing three horses and then a bird a field over.






I was going to complain about the poor starving lame thourghbreds on craigslist I have no room to help,but since the add is down, I am hoping someone went and put the owner in a pen to starve and took the horses. Ugh! It is not JUST the economy that has horses in horrible situations. There are people out there who are that stupid. I wish I would have saved her rebuttle post to people complainig about her horses spine sticking out and being able to clearly see every rib. Of course they want like 400$ for them each. Hopefully someone in her sheriffs/police/animal control office knows something about horses.


Am I crazy to think about painting the inside of my tack room? I don't know why that has popped into my head all of a sudden but the same thing happened with the kitchen a couple hours ago and now thats done! I was thinking white, but I like pink.................................. Probably a good thing I have to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment