Tuesday, April 13, 2010



I originally set this up a couple days before my appy weanling arrived in late 09 and meant to chronicle his adventures. Well..................now he is a yearling and I am finally at least going to put some pics up.

A little on me first I guess. Crappy pic of the bf and I,likely the only one you will ever see of me LOL! I have always been horse crazy. My first horse was a arabian who I had no business on but we had a lot of fun times. I ended up getting hurt fairly bad on him though and killed my confidence. I was horseless for more than ten years and got my gelding about three years ago now. I still have a lot of confidence issues and my body has changed a lot since I was younger so my balance is nto what it used to be. My days or riding bareback for hours are definately over! I work as an RN on a local psych ward. Do rescue whenever I can,mostly dogs. took in some cats last summer and have never felt so helpless-they are not easy to care for when young! I would rather bottle feed a puppy any day!

We currently have three horses. (and 5 dogs,5 cats, 2 sugar gliders,and 1 goldfish)

My gelding Doug is around eleven. The story I got when I bought him was he was used as a track pony and then sold to the amish. Supposedly he had paint papers but they were lost when he went to the amish. He has a white mark on one side but I have had a couple people tell me they thought it was a botched brand so who knows. He can be a handful but he is my boy. Not what I should have gotten just getting back into riding-but then again I can be on the most broke horse in the world and still have a bit of anxiety!





His mustache



Then there is our twenty year old mare morie. She is double registered paint and pinto and has show points but no idea from what. She was bought as a youngster for 25,000 back in the days of OMG paint is so cool! Oddly enough my boyfriends dad dated the women who originally bought her and was thrown from her a couple times. We did the math on that though and chaz would have been around 5-8 at the time,chaz is 29,paretns married 30yrs. The old owner claims chaz used to love her when he was little but he has no memory of it! She was sold a couple times for less and less each time after some break ups and when we got her she was in pretty bad shape. Skinny and slow. But with some weight on she acts like a five year old.









And here is our appy yearling. His registered name is something like zips hukleberry fin but I forget the spelling. We call him Hukk. We had boarded a mustang over the summer and when he left I felt down a horse. The transporters bred appys which I loved as a kid and they had some of the bloodlines the horses I rode when I was little did. So he made the drive from Kentucky last fall.














And my baby Lord byron



I love dobes. Can't get enough of them. Byron is getting up there but has livened up a lot since we got our new cattledog pup Blitz.



Hope to keep this up with new pics and how the babys training is going(I will always refer to hukk as the baby-I just can't stop!). Also hope to keep up with riding my gelding more this summer. I no longer work evenings so I have no excuse to not ride every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment